Team members: LaRhonda Darden, John Oxton, Pat Burke, Paula Foote, Hector Hernandez, Norma Garay, and Linda Rowland
This event took a total of 264 hours to complete.
- Cleaned out unneeded items stored in the QA Lab.
- Cleaned out all needed items in QA Lab (for relocation).
- Cleared out unneeded items and unused gages from the Eagle acquisition in QA Dimensional Inspection Area.
- Removed the pegboard full of visual samples.
- Removed unneeded files and documents in QA Filing System.
SET IN ORDER
- Organized retained items in QA Lab and QA Dimensional Inspection Area.
- Segregated and labeled the majority of gages used for inspection.
- Moved an additional worktable to the QA Lab to aid in streamlining the first part inspection process.
- Moved optical comparator, two (2) gage storage cabinets, and layout binder cabinet.
- Labeled items and areas in the QA Lab.
- Organized filing cabinets in a logical manner.
- Labeled files and file drawers.
- Segregated SPC paperwork to area where inspection is completed.
- Painted the QA Lab walls, shelving and inspection table.
- Painted the QA Die Casting Workstation.
- Repaired and painted the carts used for Final Inspection Areas.
- Standardized the documents and equipment needed for first part inspections.
- Standardized the SPC documents needed in their specific areas.
- Arranged and labeled gages.
- Standardized QA files.
- Revised QA Weekly Check Sheet to include inspections of items covered in the QA 5S event.