IMPROVE SHOTS PER HOUR DCM #14 – MEETING NOTES
Attending: Dusty, Jerry, Jimmy, Bill, James, Terry, John H
1.Identify the Constraint (State the Problem):
Improve shots per shift on die cast machine #14
2.Exploit (Define causes and cures):
- Not locking with proper tonnage.
- Sprue sticking or runner sticking in “A” plate.
- Pressure not staying consistent.
- Mechanical arm for lock up not working properly.
- Metal getting too hot.
- Die close speed control valve.
- Die opening to fast.
- Not shutting off the shot bottle accumulator handle.
- Slow shot speed valve also adjust fast shot speed.
- Breaking too many cores.
COMBINE THE FOLLOWING FROM THE ABOVE ITEMS:
- Not locking with proper tonnage, Pressure not staying consistent and mechanical arm for lock up not working properly.
- Speed control valve and Die opening too fast.
CURES (ACTION ITEMS):
- Verify proper lock up tonnage is consistent. (JC, JB, JH) by 5-7
- Verify mechanical lock up arm is working properly. (JL) by 5-7
- Look into slow shot and fast shot interaction. (JB) by 5-7
- Verify sprue and spreader have correct “dutchman”. (BE)
- Verify “dutchman” in “A” plate. (JH, JL). by 5-2
- Make sure cooling saddle is being used on this job. (JL) by 5-5
- Make sure metal temperature is correct on set-up sheet. (JB) by 5-5
- Make sure furnace is not over shooting the metal temperature (JC) by 5-5
- Fix closing speed valve for die. (JC) by 5-16
- Fix shut off valve to shot accumulator so the machine cannot be turned off unless the shut off valve is off. (JC, BE) by 5-16 —
- Make a tool ticket to fix the racks on XXX 7 inch body. (JH) by 5-2
- Fix “racks” on Customer 7 inch body die. (BE)
3.Subordinate (Involve\train others):
Team members assigned action items and completion dates (CURES-above)
4.Elevate (Document improvement):
(to be completed)
5.Inertia (Celebrate success):
Target the next biggest herbie for improvement